Congratulations to all our students!
Congratulations to all our students for their hard work and positive attitude in 2023. There have been many highlights this year – Year 6 Camp, EduDance, incursions and excursions, sporting opportunities, Numero Challenge, One Big Voice, ANZAC Service, School of Thought Radio Show, Kindy Christmas Concerts, P&C Disco and Colour Run… to name a few! This past week we have celebrated excellence through the Pre-primary to Year 5 Book Awards and acknowledged the leadership of our Year 6 students as they attend their Graduation Assembly. Congratulations to all students and thank you to the parents for entrusting us with the education and well-being of your children.
For some students, the end of 2023 marks the end of their families’ association with Duncraig Primary School. As principal, on behalf of staff past and present, I would like to thank these families for choosing Duncraig Primary School and for their contributions to their child’s education and to the success of our school.
2024 Class Lists
2024 Class lists will be available on our website for one week. When creating classes, teachers have done their best to consider parent requests, but of utmost importance has been each student’s social-emotional and academic well-being. It is unlikely that there will be any further adjustments to classes from this point on.
It is that time of the year when we must say farewell to staff. I would like to acknowledge their contributions and wish them well in their future endeavours.
Firstly, I would like to acknowledge the contribution that Ms Tash Burke has made to our school. She has developed wonderful relationships with students, staff, and the parent community, and has brought into our school many new initiatives. Sadly, we say farewell to Tash at the end of this year. Tash will be moving on to Dalmain Primary School next term, in the Deputy role. I wish her all the best for her future leadership endeavours.
Miss Brittany Moorman leaves us at the end of this year also. Brittany has been an effervescent presence in our school, with her thematic dress code and warm rapport with students. Brittany has picked up a position at Hillcrest Primary School in 2024.
Finally, I would like to acknowledge Miss Ruby Boyce and the work that she has done working with students as a Special Needs Education Assistant. Ruby is an ex-student of Duncraig Primary School, and she understands the community and school culture so well. She has been a great help to Mrs Adams and the students in Room 10 this year. We hope to see her back in our school again next year in a relief capacity.
Congratulations Year 6 Students!
Today we celebrated the Graduation of our Year 6 students. Thank you to Mrs Mosconi, Mrs Jones, Mrs Hazell, Ms Moyes and Ms Burke for coordinating a beautiful assembly for our students. Thank you also to Mrs Ruscoe for her work with the choir for this assembly, and last week’s Book Awards Assembly.
Congratulations, Year 6s! May your future be as bright and promising as the potential you carry within you.
Final School Board Meeting of 2023
The Duncraig Primary School Board recently held its seventh meeting of the year.
The following items were covered:
- The Board approved the Contributions and Charges for 2024 and the use of Campion for the booklist supplier per previous years.
- We heard from the Principal, Ms Nicole Borbas, in relation to the Semester 2 census, noting that the curriculum and qualifications are correct across all year levels. The Board was updated on the school structure for 2024 and the class placement request process. An update was also provided on the school development day professional learning and school improvement activities.
- An update was provided by staff on the recent building and grounds maintenance, including roof replacement in the middle block, the removal and replacement of old evaporative systems, the repainting of the administration building and science block, and the new signage to be installed. The Board also noted the positive response to the oval treatment and discussed other items raised by the school community including fencing and parking around the school.
- The Board finalised its review of the draft Duncraig Primary School Class Placement Policy, with a final updated version of the policy being circulated to staff and parents for feedback.
- Finally, the Board discussed the findings of the School Board Self-Assessment Module 1 and undertook the Module 2 survey.
Keyed Up Music Lessons
There is an opportunity for Keyed Up Music Lessons to operate out of Duncraig Primary School after school hours in 2024. Please see the flyer and contact them directly to register your interest so that we may ascertain days and times at Duncraig PS next year.
As the school year draws to a close, I would like to take a moment to express my deepest gratitude on behalf of the entire school community. This has been a year filled with growth, learning, and memorable moments, and we couldn’t have achieved it without parents’ unwavering support.
As the school’s principal, I am grateful for the dedication and hard work of our exceptional staff. Their passion for teaching and commitment to the well-being of our students are evident in the progress we’ve witnessed throughout the year.
Thank you once again for your partnership. Your commitment to our students and our school is truly appreciated. Wishing you all a fantastic Christmas, New Year, and holiday break, and I look forward to sharing our school’s continued success with you in the coming year.